Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Nov 2nd truth of the light

John 3:19-21

19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[a]

I think a key thought to this verse to me is the idea of coming into the light or not coming into the light. A person has to choose to be exposed to the light of truth for it to impact them and change them. But most of the time we think we can get away with certain sins (stay in the dark) but in truth everything will be exposed to the light of God’s truth some day. When that happens my desire is to have already brought to my Lord the sins of my life. To expose those sins to His light now and deal with them. Truth is God already knows and is waiting for us to bring it to Him so He can forgive us all. Lord you know all things (my sins and my joys) please forgive me and work in me today.

No comments:

Twitter Updates