Sunday, September 25, 2005

The start of my devotionals

After having a great talk with my Deep Impact group we have decided to use my blog as a starting point to help with our Quite time. I'm placing with this note all the jornaling I've done up to this point with my quite time. Forgive the miss spellings and incorrect grammer as this is just a jornal of Mark Eades.

Sep 13

Well today starts my journaling with my devos. I’m doing this with the 3rd round Deep Impact group. We are using a web site called: http://www.donutholes.biz/ It’s interesting cause it gives you different options on how to do a devo. Today we looked at Matt. 6:19-21 19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
As I read through this I thought about the idea of what am I’m storing up. We’ve done so much to the house, we have high speed internet access, a game cube, toys running out of our ears, two vehicles, a hot tub, etc. I say that we have these things to give to others to use but a lot of times it just about how much stuff do I have.I know all this stuff is useless compared to what God wants in for us “treasures in heaven.” So I hope and pray that I’m doing the right thing in using this stuff for Him. Help me Lord see what we need to do to celebrate you and not stuff.

9/14/05

Well todays devo verse is a big step on my toes verse. 24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matt. 6:24. and the question to it: What or who has your greatest devotion?

It really hits me hard since I so much want to please self instead of pleasing Him. My prayer is Lord please forgive me for all the selfish acts I’ve done (interesting that the message I shared with the kids last Sunday was all about forgiveness). Please help me Lord to see where I’m focusing on self and not on you. I can be doing things that are good but are still selfish. What can I do to: throw all the things I do for self away, I don’t think so, but a conscious & active thought process of not focusing on self. Open the eyes of my heart Lord to you pls.

Sep 16, 2005

“Blindspot” “speck” Where are they in my life? Can I be honest enough with myself to answer this hard question? Can I be sensitive enough to the Holy Spirits prompting to know what I need to do? Lord help me, pls!

Sep 17, 2005

Yet again another thought provoking idea: Do I usually think of God as giving me good things, or things I don’t want? My honest answer is I feel that He does both. Except this is only by my perception and I understand that His ways are by far different than any of my ways or observations or experiences. To say God is doing bad things to me can indeed feel like it, to me, but for His plan and purpose it is always good. Help me Lord to understand this perfectly (through your Holy Spirit) so that I might live it.

Sep 20, 2005

Todays devo was on the idea of having a heart like Christ for the lost. Interesting that all afternoon yesterday I got a chance to spend some time with the lost. I had a group of neighbor kids come over to the church and play dodge ball with me. There wasn’t any spiritual things that happen, in fact some of the kids have a very bad mouth. But yet the kids now know there is someone who will play with them, to have fun with them, and I think that will make it possible for the Holy Spirit to work. I hope that I’m available for my part of His work.

Sep 23

The question was asked about what are my feelings when I look at a crowd of friends? Every Sunday and Wednesday I look at a group of jr hi kids (w/sponsors) and wonder what is happening in their lives? Some kids I know but so many I have no idea (I hardly remember their names). I want so much for them to know and understand God’s truth. To hear His love for them in a form that they can digest it. Lord help me come closer to You so I might be closer to them.

Sep 24

Yesterday while I was doing my quite time Lindsey my daughter was doing hers. This is something we have never done in the morning together and it was wonderful. Today’s question was really a challenge to pray for those who can’t do what Lindsey and I did yesterday together. It is so hard to relate as Americans to real persecution. Sometimes I think it would be good for us to not have so many freedoms we have and then I think that would be horrible. My prayer is Lord I do left up those who go through so much on this earth for you, help them in ways they never have been helped before. May they find hope from you not only at tense times but also when there is a calm. I also pray that the Lord would reveal to me what I need to do to help them in any way He would like me to. Open my eyes to see what I need to see to honor you through those who are persecuted.

Sep 25

Matt. 10:28-31
28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny[a]? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

The idea that God loves me so much that even a hair on my head is known by Him just blows me away. I’m truly excited that God is and will be working through me. To have Him know me more than I know myself, wow!!


OK so there it is, I didn't jornal everyday and I doubt I will jornal everyday on this blog but I will do as much as I can. Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

No comments:

Twitter Updates