Monday, November 10, 2008

Mag Report - simply jr hi newsletter from Group - Nov08

I've got a chance to read through the new simply jr hi newsletter from GROUP and it has been another encouraging tool. Here are a couple of thoughts I have:

What I liked: I've very interested in reading the book "Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership" by Nancy Ortberg wrote that Scott Rubin recommended. I really liked this thought from her book, "stop being surprised that leadership is hard." - thx Scott for the suggestion.

???: Everything here made since and I understood it. No "???" for this newsletter.

Key statement: Gary Eilts said a powerful statement when answering the question "Nine words to encourage other junior high volunteers?" He said, "Junior high is a launching pad; you influence trajectory."

Something creative: Seth Vopat's discussion starter idea is really good and I can see us using it at the boys lock-in. Thx Seth

No comments:

Twitter Updates