Monday, October 06, 2008

Mag Report - simply jr hi newsletter from Group - Sep08

The first issue of the simply jr hi newsletter from GROUP that was sent paperless arrived in my email box a couple days ago. I wanted to drop everything else I was doing and dive in but I held off and got a chance to really enjoy reading it today.

What I liked: Andy Jack's "The Bead Ceremony" is very cleaver. I'm always looking for ways to help my kids debrief different events they have been a part of and here is another great tool. Thx Andy

???: Scott Rubin's "A different kind of diversity" for some reason didn't click for me. I agree with what Scott said but as I started to read it I was hoping to read some ideas on dealing with the diversity I work with.

Key statement: Kurt Johnston quote from Mark Twain "Sacred cows make the best hamburger." I agree with Kurt that sacred cows can and should be used in ministry within reason.

Something creative: Bob Anderson's "Magnets" game is great and I can see that activity happen at our next Boys Lock-In. Thx Bob

No comments:

Twitter Updates