Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Book Report – Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I allow myself to have one “fun read” a year to just enjoy reading for reading sake (last year is was Flags of Our Fathers – click here if you want to see my little report). This year, after seeing the movie, I decided to read Eragon by Christopher Paolini. It was a fun read and I really liked the fact Mr Paolini is a young man himself and he wrote and illustrated this book. I enjoy science fiction and this book took me to a new mid-evil fantasy world that was fun to be at, had a great plot to follow, and enjoyable main characters. I really liked how Eragon (the main character) was developed throughout the book instead of being a super character right at the beginning of the book. Also, Saphira (Eragon’s dragon) also went through a development throughout the book. She wasn’t instantly a big powerful beast that all the bad guys stayed away from. I’m looking forward to having my next “fun read” next year and picking up the next book of this series (Eldest).

No comments:

Twitter Updates