Friday, July 21, 2006

Authentic Community

As I lay here with my two boys in bed with me and my wife traveling with the Sr Hi Mexico team I had a thought. She is in a bus that holds 51 people uncomfortably and yet she is having more community than I am here in my nice comfortable bed. I wonder what stories she will have when she comes back. What interactions and experiences will impact her and the team. What will this developing community we call the Sr Hi Mexico team will be like when they come back. I wonder what others think about this.

What does authentic community look like to you? As Christians, what does authentic community mean? Is authentic community even possible? What are the ideas, feelings, smells, experiences that creep out of your head when I mention community?

No comments:

Twitter Updates