Thursday, October 06, 2005

Oct. 6th Grudges are a terrible thing

Grudges are a terrible thing. They can only cause hurt for those who are holding the grudge and those around him. Grudge – a feeling of deep-seated resentment or ill will (Malice). That is the definition of a grudge and I don’t like it at all. I remember seeing friends of mine who held a grudge. I didn’t want to be around them, they would get mad for no real good reason, every time they would see the person that they held a grudge towards they wanted to hurt them or be mean to them. It was just not a fun time to be around them. Jesus in Matt. 18:21-35 made it very clear that a grudge of any kind is not from Him and that we should never hold one. This is a very serious comment our Lord made and one we must hear and obey. Help me Lord to be sensitive to those around me to ask for forgiveness where needed and to always forgive.

No comments:

Twitter Updates