Monday, October 10, 2005

Oct. 10 To love with all

Todays' devo comes from http://www.donutholes.biz/ a simple way to be challenged with spending time with the Lord

Matthew 22:34-40 - Greatest commandment
Of heart, soul, and mind, which is hardest for you to love God with?

To me this question can’t really be answered. All three of these parts of myself are interlinked in many ways. To say that I struggle more at loving God with my soul is to say that I’m struggling with my heart and mind. I decided to look up the definition of each of these words (heart, soul, mind). What I found was that the heart is “the innermost”, the soul is “total self” and mind is “elements that feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and reasons.” Each of these definitions seems to work with each other. How does one love with all his heart without also loving with all of his soul and mind. I know there are times in my life that I don’t feel loving to God (or to others for the matter). But feeling isn’t what is important. What is important is the command that Jesus gave me to “love the Lord your God with all…” Lord help me to love you with all

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. This is a pretty deep one. I think I might actually go and do it for once. When I get my answer, I'll make sure to post. By the way I really love the book, Jesus Freaks. I personally think its way better and relates more to my life than the Donut Holes. Like you said though, some of the DH can be powerful like this one. I can tell that this will be a pretty cool discussion.

Pastormarkee said...

I agree 100% Sarah. I'm looking forward to hearing input from you all. I'm really exciting about how DH and the Jesus Freak book can work together like this last one did.

Sarah said...

Well I promised I'd post what I'd written so here it goes...

My answer wouldn't probably be my mind. I sometimes think of unclean thoughts that aren't praising the Lord. My heart also, sometimes I don't totally trust Him and get mad when things don't go the way 'I plan'. I need to remember that God is in control, and his plan is much better than mine could ever be. Like doing these devos. The reason I never did them in the first place was beacuse I was scared of reaching out and digging deeper into His word. But now that I really am, wow. I am learing so much more furom Him and the Word. I'm a little scared to take risks, espeacially if I don't know where it's going to lead me. I'm gonna try and reach out though, and do more bolder things. Like sharing my faith. At school it's so hard, because I have a rep and you can't just start belting it out. I need to pray for oppurtunities so I can and not be afraid.

Twitter Updates