Monday, October 10, 2005

Oct. 10 To love with all

Todays' devo comes from http://www.donutholes.biz/ a simple way to be challenged with spending time with the Lord

Matthew 22:34-40 - Greatest commandment
Of heart, soul, and mind, which is hardest for you to love God with?

To me this question can’t really be answered. All three of these parts of myself are interlinked in many ways. To say that I struggle more at loving God with my soul is to say that I’m struggling with my heart and mind. I decided to look up the definition of each of these words (heart, soul, mind). What I found was that the heart is “the innermost”, the soul is “total self” and mind is “elements that feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and reasons.” Each of these definitions seems to work with each other. How does one love with all his heart without also loving with all of his soul and mind. I know there are times in my life that I don’t feel loving to God (or to others for the matter). But feeling isn’t what is important. What is important is the command that Jesus gave me to “love the Lord your God with all…” Lord help me to love you with all

1 comment:

Mark E. Eades said...

I agree 100% Sarah. I'm looking forward to hearing input from you all. I'm really exciting about how DH and the Jesus Freak book can work together like this last one did.

Twitter Updates