Friday, September 30, 2005

Sep 30 Walking on water

When Jesus calls someone to do something for Him it would be best for that person to do it. I remember a time when I was working on a degree in math education. I thought that I liked working with youth and I enjoyed math and that would make me a good math teacher. Then college calculus hit and I knew I was in trouble. I sat down with a good friend who was blunt but honest with me and he expressed his observation of my time with youth. His encouragement was to work on what Jesus had called me to be “a youth pastor (now a jr hi youth pastor).” It took me over 2 mouths after that talk, a lot of praying, and encouragement from my new wife to do what I was called and designed to do. My prayer today is that as I walk on this water the Lord has called me to walk on that I would stay focused on Him and not all that is around me. Peter took his eyes off the Lord, “but when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, ‘Lord, save me! (Matt. 14:30)’” and that is where the trouble be gain for him. Lord my I never take my eyes off of you.

No comments:

Twitter Updates