Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nov. 13th Serving the Lord

Yes believe it or not I'm posting a journal entry of my devotional. Sorry about being so late on these.

Where I get the verse and question is from this site: www.donutholes.biz.

John 10:10 - Life to the fullDoes what’s happening in your heart look more like the work of a thief orthe work of Jesus? 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
You know I’ve heard some people use this verse to support their claim that God wants us to “name it and claim it.” The idea that if we pray for something and really believe it will happen that God some how has to honor that. Well I think that is a bunch of “bunk” as I’ve said before. I believe that Christ was encouraging people to turn to him and follow His examples (which was a servant attitude not a me attitude). In my life I pray that I will live a full life but a full life serving the Lord and not myself. Lord please work in my life so that I might serve you and not myself.

No comments:

Twitter Updates